Pages

Search this blog...

Friday 15 February 2013

GOTHMOG MOUNTED ON WARG CHIEFTAIN



To give my army a leader who both looked impressive and intimidating and could act as a force to be reckoned with, I chose Gothmog. Trouble is, I wasn’t satisfied with any of the individual models GW brought out for him, so I decided to make customize my own. As soon as the Warg Chieftain, or Alpha Warg model came out, I knew I had to have an Orc hero mounted on him. So that’s what I did. I've never seen it done before, so I'm actually quite proud of this one.

The model below is made up of the Warg Chieftain model and Gothmog Pelennor version, which comes with a different warg. The warg itself was made to look more dynamic by basing his already sculpted base on some slate from the garden, this gave it extra height and more balance.  A saddle and strap had to be made so Gothmog could sit comfortably on him. Finally after some green stuff around the joints and sawing a small section of mane off, he was ready. This is the result…







And just to show how intimidating he looks, I posed him next to an average height Osgiliath Veteran of mine. Huge.


And of course, no mounted model would be complete without the separate models. The warg acts quite nicely as a Wild Alpha Warg in certain scenarios.




No comments:

Post a Comment