Pages

Search this blog...

Friday 15 February 2013

OSGILIATH VETERANS



A cost effective way to add some Osgiliath Vets to your Gondor army. All it takes is a little green stuff and a few bits! So far I have three, which I have donated to my friend’s army. Our forces have been built for one single purpose from the beginning 7 years ago really, to do a 2-part epic battle in Osgiliath and Minas Tirith. The scenery is still in the making…

My vets include an axeman, a spearmen converted from an old banner bearer, and finally an archer, who was made using an eye-patched head from that old conversion sprue. The rest, being new hair, bags, cloaks and blankets were made using green stuff. The cloths were painted using a graveyard earth with a scorched brown wash. This was followed by progressive highlights using graveyard earth and bleached bone, finished off with a tiny white tree as a strap button. The armor was the same as all my Gondorian troops, simply chainmail washed with a thinned down black, with an extreme highlight of mithril silver. I can't remember the names of the new paints, I'm using the ones I had from a few years ago...








 

No comments:

Post a Comment