Pages

Search this blog...

Friday 15 February 2013

THE FELLOWSHIP



One of the first things I wanted to paint after getting back into the hobby was the Fellowship I got in the Mines of Moria box. After 3 years of collecting orcs, I wanted to try my hands on something good. I was surprised I hadn’t lost my painting ability, and it didn’t take too long to familiarize myself with the tricks of the trade. Here’s the results.









This is my favourite model of Boromir. I love the dynamic pose GW have managed to get with him. Comparatively these are my least favourite Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli models. I’m always fond of the Gandalf models.







The hobbit models are great, and are great additions to any collection or scenario. My favourite hobbit from this set has to be Sam, with the string of sausages on his back, whilst wielding a frying pan! I painted Frodo with Sting, as I always wondered why GW never showed that very well when they painted him. He is after all going to be fighting orcs more often than not in a scenario. I even made a separate model for him when he's wearing the ring. I quite like this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment